Angels For Kamilya

Kamilya was diagnosed with Leukimia on 16March2013. She in critical condition and in need of help urgently. Fund raising and awareness campaign is held to save her life for her in Angels For Kamiliya FB page.

Link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/452754914776200/#!/pages/Angels-for-Kamiliya/502749379784025?fref=ts

 
Kamilya, please stay strong. We pray for miracle. We wait for you to join us for fun diving trip in Malaysia.
 
MAY GOD BLESS YOU!
 
 
Kamilya Aukenova is one of the finalist participting in Miss Scuba International held in Bali on 30Nov. She shared with us the valuable experience she gain through this contest and grateful for the opportunity given to participate in this contest and expose herself in scuba diving...come from a far away country, she truly appreciate the beautiful nature of Malaysia especially the beautiful underwater world of Sipadan Mabul Island....


1.    How long have you been SCUBA diving?

I have been SCUBA diving for almost 2 months now. 

How many dives have you done? I have done 8 dives so far.
 
2.    Describe your first dive. How did you feel - nervous, scared, excited, thrilled, etc?  

On my 1st dive I felt really scared but at the same time excited. I used to not  like being in sea for a long time because I was always scared of drowning. However, I wanted to try SCUBA dive so I can overcome my fear. I remember on my 1st dive I had problems with pressure equalization, my ears are really sensitive I had to equalize very often, and the depth of the sea scared me even though it was only 8 meters, whenever I looked down and I felt terrified.

3.  What did you think after it was over?

After my first dive I felt proud of myself and relieved same time. I overcame my fear of being in a deep sea for so long. 


4. .    What is your favorite dive spot so far?

       No doubt, so far it is Mabul Sipadan!
 
 What did you like about it?

Mabul has a lot of beautiful species of fish and sea animals. And the corals are very amazing! My 2nd dive at Mabul I saw 4 big turtles, which was an incredible experience for me. At my 20th meter deep dive I saw over a hundred barracuda fish right above my head, that was an unforgettable memory! 
 
 

5.    Why did you join the Miss SCUBA International competition?  

     This is where I have to thank my first diving buddy Michelle Chan for giving me an opportunity to participate in MSI pageant and for supporting me. However, what attracted me most about MSI is their vision “Saving ocean through beauty” and their mission “To celebrate the inner beauty and courage of today`s modern woman, to advocate worldwide marine conservation, to promote safe diving practices”. Basically, the mission says it all in one.
 

6.    What is the highlight of your experience so far?

      First of all, the turtle release has been the most emotional experience. We released almost 20 baby turtles into the sea as they crawled into the sea, I felt so touched! But besides that, the lecture sessions about manta rays were very interesting, I never knew such intelligent and beautiful species exist in the sea.

The heartbreaking part was all the treats to marine conservation especially; how turtles were destroyed, sharks were killed just for their fins and the beautiful corals of the sea were bleached. 

All of these leave highlight to me.
 
 











7.    How did you get into modeling?

     One of my friend form Kuala Lumpur, Luna Almaz introduce me to modeling. Then after I decide to build my modeling experience by myself.
 

8.   What do you like about it?

Well first of all it is backstage atmosphere, the energy of an event preparation and organizing. Another thing I like about modeling is the creativity of the make-up artists, their ability to transform a model into different characters.


9.    How do you think your life would change if you won the MSI competition? 


I think my life would change completely. It will be devoted to traveling around the world to spread the message about marine conservation.

10. Do you think you will continue to SCUBA dive after the MSI competition is over?


Definitely yes! Why?  I felt relaxed and enjoy in underwater world.









I remember my 1st dive at Bali, I saw a lot of divers in front of me underwater and it look wonderful and I thought: «That is what I want to do for the rest of my life…»
 
 
 
11. Tell us about your hometown. What makes it special? Why should we go?
 
My hometown is Kazakhstan, it is really nice place to visit because first of all, we have 4 season (it is summer, winter, fall and spring) and all of them are really different from each other, like summer it is hot, spring it is really romantic time, and we use to call it time for falling in love, because this season usually fulfill with flowers on a threes before berries growth. And the atmosphere is really nice and romantic.
 
Winter in our country is very cold, it can reach up to -30 -50, but the good thing is you get to ice skate and visiting really beautiful places such as our mountains. Moreover you can play a snow fight with friends, make a snowman and even eat snow, this is really joyful!!!
 
Fall is a time for rains but even in this time of season you can see a beautiful picture of a street with orange falls tree lifts.

Second reason I think it is because of our environment, Kazakhstan is a really green country! We have lots of alley trees and squares with flower plants around the country where people can sit and relax as same as walk and enjoy the view.
Our rivers are really clear and pure, so people can enjoy their holidays by going to a river side and making bbq with their families.
 
The architectural structures are nice and interesting they are built by famous engineers from around the world.
 
Last but not the least, our national museum in Almaty city can bring people to those ages where our ancestries lived.

 

Popular Posts