Interview with Miss Scuba International 2012

 
Interview: Ms. Piyada Monmaneerat, Jamie (Miss Scuba International 2012's Miss Marine Conservation, Miss Scuba Thailand)
 
 


1. How does it feel to be crowned Miss Scuba International?
 
Answer: Obviously, I am very happy! and I feel very honored to be chosen as the
ambassador for the ocean, to be the voice of our beautiful, fascinating and helpless
nature that has been and being exploited by us human being for a long time. It is time
for us to change our way of thinking, to stop and not just doing things out of our own
conveniences, but to do the right things, because it is what we do today that holds our
future.
 
2. What do you think set you apart from other contestants?
 
Answer: I think I and the girls are all here for one common reason, to save our ocean
through beauty, but personally, I have a very close bound with the ocean.
I grew up down south of Thailand and probably spent as much time in the water as on
land, the ocean is my second home where I enjoy being in and let myself free.
Therefore, I have always been passionate about the ocean and always doing my part to
save it. Saving the ocean would not feel like a duty to me, rather something anyone
would do, to protect and save their home, their serenity.
 
 
 
3. What do you plan to do now?
 
Answer: Return to Thailand and celebrate, of course! But for the new Miss Scuba
International, I can't wait to start making the difference, the reason that brought me to
this pageant in the first place.
 
4. Who was the first person you called when you found out that you had won?
 
Answer: I didn't actually call anyone but I updated the amazing news through my
Facebook, as there was not only one person I wanted to share this news with, but so
many people, who supported and cheered for me throughout this wonderful journey.
They were my energy keeping me strong when i felt tired, thank you guys and I love you
all.
 
5. Will you continue scuba diving now that the competition is over?
 
Answer: I have been scuba and free dived even before the competition, so of course I
will continue to dive and explore the great, wonderful and mysterious under water world
we were blessed by nature ( with the help of Jacques Cousteau). I sure will continue to
save the ocean, one dive at the time :)




Popular Posts